Tuesday, February 10

HAED Pure Nature Week 3

I must say that my rotation is really working out for me for the most part.  When I work on Cottage I really look forward to the following week when I get to work on Pure Nature.  I do tend to find that my first 2 days on Cottage takes me awhile to get into it.  I normally do the least stitching on the first 2 days.

Current progress:


This part is making me very nervous as that new bit under the flower is her face *gulp*.  I got so nervous I asked another lady on facebook, who had posted her 4 pages of progress of Pure Nature, because hers didn't look like this either.  But she assured me that she also got nervous at this part but the further along you go, the more it will blend in and won't look so yucky.  I really do hope so because I definitely don't want a face that looks like she has got a terrible sunburn:-)  But on the benefit of the face, I manged to get a whole column done in one day because there is only about 2 colours per 10x10 block and my stitching sped up considerably.

I am working on the last two columns of page 1, so that means by the end of next week I should have 1 page finished and the start of a new HAED called Scaredy Cats.

I was mad enough to join in the HAED 2015 Goals SAL on the yuku group and felt extremely ambitious enough to say the following year goals:

1.  3 pages of Pure Nature
2.  3 Pages of Scaredy Cats
3.  3 Pages of Midnight Vigil

I don't know if I mentioned that I did buy Midnight Vigil at the last sale and so I have been able to see that the first 3 pages are actually rather easy looking.  First two have a fair bit of colour in them but not confetti heavy and the third page is about 80% one colour and 20% a different colour.  Should make those 3 pages go quickly.

But I will use the first half of the year to determine how my current rotation is working towards those goals, and If I see that it won't work I will change it in June.

6 comments:

Justine said...

Great progress! I just had a look at the finished article on your tab and I can see what you mean about the orange but I think you're just seeing her too close up and once you have started further into her face it will all come good.

Linda said...

Awesome progress Monique. I too just looked at the design and I think yours is spot on.

Linda

sharine said...

It is looking great.

Rachel said...

I'm glad your rotation and goals are working for you. Justine is right, once you get more done on Pure Nature the face should look more natural. :)

Deb said...

Love the colors! Think your work is beautiful!

Renee said...

I just browsed through several of your posts and saw the update on your Pure Nature page. The projects you are working on are all gorgeous! Beautiful work!